[singlepic id=2 w= h= float=none][singlepic id=1 w= h= float=none]
STC’s CIC SIG is an active and energetic segment of the technical communication community. SIG members are invited to join colleagues in many rewarding activities, such as:
- Organizing consulting and independent contracting SIGs within local STC chapters.
- Planning and conducting seminars on consulting and independent employment issues and techniques.
- Serving as liaisons between STC and other consulting organizations.
- Researching and sharing new methods of conducting business and marketing technical communication services in a changing marketplace.
- Exploring and reporting on various ethical issues relating to independent employment.
- Participating in electronic forums for discussion of matters of interest to independently employed communicators:
- Internet mailing lists (TECHWR-L, CICSIG-L, and more)